Toasted Almond Waffles

Sunday 2 July 2017

 
I was craving waffles yesterday and so I decided that I would make us some for our breakfast today.  (Saturday as I write this.)  But not just any waffles . . . Toasted Almond Waffles!


All winter long I wait for the summer months for good light, but for some reason I am not getting it.  Grrr . . .  sorry that these photos are so poor, lightwise.


These waffles are great, using both flour and ground almonds in the batter . . .  and not a lot of sugar, only a minimal amount  . . .


More almond flavour comes from the use of almond extract.  The ground almonds make  these nice and crisp edged . . .  


I love the wholesome texture that the ground almonds give as well . . .  and of course there is even more almond flavour from a sprinkle of toasted almonds scattered over the top.


I enjoy mine with a dusting of icing sugar, and some fresh raspberries . . .  so good . . .


Peaches are also nice . . .  or blueberries . . .  or a mix  . . .


They're just really, really good . . .  full stop . . . Todd of course enjoys his with lashings of syrup, maple syrup, but you can also make a raspberry syrup to enjoy with them if you wish.  I did not have enough raspberries to make it today, but you can find the recipe here.  It's good for all sorts.  I like it on ice cream.
 
 
*Toasted Almond Waffles*
Makes 4 servings
 
Serve these delicious waffles with fresh fruit and maple syrup. We love tinned peaches and fresh raspberries. 

140g plus 2 TBS plain flour (1 cup plus 2 TBS)
45g ground almonds (1/2 cup)
1 TBS baking powder
1 TBS plus 2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
280ml milk (1 1/4 cups)
1 large free range egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
3 TBS butter melted
45g flaked toasted almonds (1/2 cup)
To serve:
your favourite fruit and maple syrup 

Preheat your waffle iron.   Whisk the flour, ground almonds, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, vanilla and almond extract, and melted butter.  our in to the flour mixture and stir to combine. 

Pour onto the heated waffle iron and cook according to the instructions with your waffle maker.  Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve with your favourite fruits and syrup.


These are surprisingly quick and easy to make also.  I love my heart shaped waffle iron.  I also have one which makes fingers, but the heart shaped one is the one I use the most.  Happy Sunday and Bon Appetite! 

4 comments

  1. Could these alsobe made as pancakes for those who don't own a waffle iron?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't see why not anjicat! I get they would be good as pancakes.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!